Back in January, one of my first blog posts was a personal bucket list of local attractions that I have never been to and want to cross of my list in 2011. So how is it going? Of late….not so good. In the beginning I crossed off a few items rather quickly. I thought that June, mid-year, would be a good time to look back and review my progress and regain some momentum.
So here’s what I’ve done so far:
- America On Wheel’s Museum - see my post
- Visit a local vineyard – see my post
- Souper Bowl at Banana Factory – see my post
Three things. I did three things, that’s it??? And all three of these were crossed off by mid-February!
So here’s what I didn’t do, along with my sorry excuses…
- Easton State Theatre - I originally wrote:
“Everything I am interested in seeing is always sold out by the time I hear about it or the cost is not in-line with my level of interest.” Pretty much the same thing is happening. I either fail to check the schedule or I do find something I’m sort of interested in but the price is higher than my interest (for example, Bryan Adams).
- Any number of restaurants in Easton I have yet to get to. We aren’t big restaurant goers…my husband doesn’t care for crowds and we have a kid. Might have to turn this one into a birthday dinner.
- Godfrey Daniels - busy weekends…wanted to take Hailey to a storytelling event but was already over booked. Need to take another look at the schedule.
- Touchstone Theater - I’d like to get there sooner but if I don’t, I plan on seeing the Christmas Follies in December.
- Gio’s Italian Grill in Macungie - I jinxed myself. This was supposed to be a done deal…my reunion was supposed to be here but it got hijacked and turned into a picnic. I must admit the picnic was a lot of fun, not that Gio’s wouldn’t have been good, but it was great seeing everyone’s kids so it worked out for the best. Even if that means I have to make new plans to cross this off the list.
- Historic Bethlehem Cemetery Tours this is in October so I’m still ok…for now.
- Renninger’s Antiques and Collectors Extravaganza in Kutztown. I made plans to go to the June Extravaganza with a friend who also loves antiques. They are moving into a new house in July and she has sworn off buying more stuff that they will have to pack and move so we rescheduled for September’s Extravaganza.
- Glass blowing and/or photography classes at the Banana Factory. I found the class I want to take (a photography class where you make a book) but I forgot to sign up and I think it already started. I’ll have to check the next schedule.
- Martin Guitar Tour - I’m going to go to this when I’m on vacation for Musikfest in August.
To be honest, I’d be happy if I got through more than half of this list this year. I think the hardest one for me is going to be the State Theatre and maybe the Banana Factory class, depending on what is offered and when.
I’m also making a summer to-do list. Not really a bucket list because many of the things I’ve already done previously, but just want to get there again. Hopefully I’ll get around to writing a post about it soon.
Did you make a bucket list for this year? How are you doing with it? Let me know in the comments!